14.12.07

PT

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

my fitness test is scheduled for next thursday (one week from today). I'm confident about hitting the running time, no problem. tonight I made my 62 curl-ups (sort of a modified sit-up/crunch) in two minutes, though I was a bit shaky/winded for the last five or so. The pushups have been more of a concern. tonight I got 25, and I need 26. I have a week yet, but my arms are unused to such cruel treatment. the worst they've gotten in years is holding a music folder, or when I'm feeling strenuous, moving a boxload of books at B&N. at least the flab's disappearing.

I've been eating cereal for 2 out of 3 meals a day, to make sure I'm under the weight requirement. I'm even with it right now, and I figure another week with similar dietary conscientiousness should do the trick. this physical stuff is def. part of the best benefits of the navy prep so far- I've been needing to tone up forever, and now it's a job requirement. that'll get a fire lit under your tail, alright.

I continually run my reasons for this decision through my head. It's not the money, ok, it's not just the money. I'd like to at least have a part time home in another country later, and I used to talk about wanting to emigrate, but I really think the US, at least in principle, gets a lot of things right. our framework is ridiculously good. we just get fools up in our leadership positions from time to time, but everyone's plagued with that. Nero, anyone?
I also think that if you can get more good people into positions to make a difference, you have a better chance at actually making that difference. It comes down to the fact that this is something I can do, and I'm not a woman to shy away from a challenge. Let's grab it by the balls and rip it off.

No comments: